Q. What is CINAHL?
CINAHL stands for Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature and is an index for journal articles about nursing, allied health, biomedicine and healthcare. The index was first published as Cumulative Index to Nursing Literature (CINL) in 1961. The title changed to Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature in 1977 when its scope was expanded to include allied health journals. It first went online in 1984 and was acquired by EBSCO Publishing in 2003.
Content for CINAHL Complete Includes:
- Full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL Database
- Indexing for nearly 5,500 journals
- Searchable cited references for more than 1,500 journals
- Full text dating back to 1937
- More than 6 million records
- Author affiliations
- Continuing education modules
- Evidence-based care sheets
- Quick lessons providing overviews of disease and conditions
- Research instruments
Clarkson College LibAnswers
Have a question?
Search our FAQs or Ask Us